sobota, 6 października 2012

Dior's Jacketdress


RAF SIMONS is finding it "difficult to define" one of the most important items from his debut Dior ready-to-wear collection - the jacketdress. If you're not sure what that is yet, the creative director is trying his best to help.
"It's kind of like a new jacket, one could say, or it's kind of like a jacket-dress, or is it a dress, or is it a jacket-coat? One cannot really say it," he said. "And I have a lot of reaction backstage on that, because they all find it new, and they want to define it, but you can't define it, and that was exactly my aim - to try to find a new piece for the house. If it needs to be defined, I like the word jacketdress, but it's one piece. I offer the freedom to wear it as a dress, without any other piece, but you can as well wear it with long pants or shorts or a long skirt or short skirt - so then you create a deux pièces look."
The jacketdress appeared in many forms on the label's Paris catwalk earlier this week; in slim-fitting double-breasted styles; in white with flared skirts; and single-breasted with shimmering pleats. We can expect to see the easy-to-wear piece in plenty future Dior collections.
"I think it's a very interesting item to build on in the future for this house - to create a code and to create a kind of aesthetic that will be recognisable in the streets," Simons explained. "I really wanted them all like jackets so they closein the front and you easily take it [off] and on, and you can also wear them open. There was a new look I think."
P.S. Another new word to a fashion dictionary:)
Source: Vogue.co.uk

3 komentarze:

  1. Hey nice blog here! Visit mine and let me know what you think, maybe we could follow each other!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Thanks for following and I'm following you back now :) !

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Amazing piece! Raf is so creative! Jacketdress is new object of desire I think;)
    xoxo

    OdpowiedzUsuń