czwartek, 26 stycznia 2012

Red Sole Fight Continues



Christian Louboutin was in court in Manhattan yesterday to hear his lawyers mount an impassioned final plea to protect his red-sole trademark. A stylishly dressed Diane von Furstenberg - who arrived in gold-rimmed aviators and a long black sparkly jumper - sat next to him to lend her support.
"For YSL and PPR Group, this might just be a legal matter, but that's not the case for me," Louboutin said. "On the contrary, to me it is very personal: after all, this is an intrinsic part of my life and my company, which bears my name - and which I have built over the past 20 years and still independently own. This is why I had to be there 
The panel of three Appeals Court judges hearing the case are currently preparing to decide whether the original judgement - allowing Yves Saint Laurent to continue selling its red, monochromatic pump from the 2011 resort collection, and calling into question the validity of Louboutin's trademark, which he obtained in 2008 - was correct. If the judgement is reversed, YSL and Louboutin will head back to court for a trial to resolve the lawsuit.
"I was impressed by the way the judges ran the hearing," Louboutin told WWD. "The company remains confident that the appeals court will adhere to its conviction that the red sole, this integral and long-held part of the brand's identity and recognised by consumers worldwide, will continue to be recognised as the Christian Louboutin trademark."in person."
Source: Vogue.co.uk

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz