wtorek, 29 marca 2011

Tavi Gevinson - Off Fashion?


Could Tavi Gevinson, blog wunderkind, be turning away from fashion?
In her latest Fashion Rookie post, she expresses ambivalence at the industry that embraced her as its tween mascot.
Shows, once exhilarating, have become exhausting and ennui-filled: ‘I felt like I was watching everything going on around me through a window,’ she writes of the recent season.
  • ‘Lately I've been looking to other places for a creative outlet and for inspiration. I miss following magazines and obsessively checking style.com the way I used to but something is different about it now. A year ago I got to go to Paris to interview John Galliano at Dior, and a couple weeks ago todayhe said he loved Hitler and got fired. Fashion photographs look more posed and the Rayanne Graffs I meet at school more inspiring. I only really miss being obsessed with fashion the way you miss any aspect of a former self, in a nostalgic way, not necessarily as part of a desire to go back. Now I'm more intrigued by mixing fashion with the other stuff I've been enjoying.’
She wraps up by saying that maybe, ‘my blog is turning away from fashion a little, naturally. How depressing would it be if I was that obsessed with only fashion for three years? That's how old my blog will be in a few days. Strange.’
Gevinson is 14, and fashion writing isn’t her profession—it’s her self-defined creative outlet. Most enthusiasts eventually lose momentum and seek new sources of inspiration. If she does choose to refocus her blog as more of a cultural melange than a fashion-oriented pursuit, her hodgepodge of references and appealingly askew view will remain.

Source: Elle UK

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz